|Yancy Fry, Sr.|
|Relatives|| Mother: Mildred Fry|
Father : Enos Fry (original Father/Stepfather / Legal Father)
Current Father: Philip J. Fry I
Wife: Mrs. Fry
Parents-in-law: Mr. and Mrs. Gleisner
Sons: Yancy Fry, Jr. and Philip J. Fry I
Daughter-in-laws: Unnamed wife of Yancy Jr. and Turanga Leela
Grandson:Philip J. Fry II
Step Granddaughters and Step Grandsons:Kif Kroker's offspring
See Family Tree
|First appearance||The Luck of the Fryrish|
|Voiced by||John DiMaggio|
|“||What's happenin' up there? Did Kremlin Joe let fly with the nukes?||”|
–Yancy Fry, Sr.
He is the husband of Mrs. Fry and the son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Gleisner.
He was a military man and a veteran of the Vietnam War. He was slightly paranoid about "Commies" and "Y2K". He, along with his wife, thought sending Philip I to school was a waste of taxpayers money. This was probably correct, as Philip I was largely self-taught and had the means to deal with the Brainspawn many years later.
During the episode Cold Warriors, Philip J. Fry I has multiple flashbacks of his father during an ice-fishing trip and a science fair battle he had with Josh Gedgie. While Yancy, Sr. seemed to be harsh of Philip I, he later reveals that he's only tough on him in order to make him stronger. He mentions that Philip I may have to deal with unimaginable problems, unknowingly hinting at Philip I's fate, involving him being frozen for 1000 years. Yancy, Sr., like Mr. Panucci, Jake the Dog,and Bender, is voiced by John DiMaggio.
Traditional Name Edit
There is a tradition in the Fry family that goes back to the late 1700s, to name the first born son "Yancy". Philip I's father is referred to here as Yancy Fry, Sr. only to distinguish between him and his son Yancy Fry, Jr., though his actual name would be very different.
Family Tree Edit
Mr. Gleisner┬Mrs. Gleisner Philip J. Fry I┬Mildred Fry │ │ Mrs. Fry──────────┬─────────Yancy Fry, Sr. │ ┌─────┴────────────────┐ ┬David Farnsworth Turanga Leela─Philip J. Fry I Yancy Fry, Jr.┬Unnamed wife │ Philip J. Fry II┬Njörd(?) │ │ │ (Many generations) │ │ │ Grandma Farnsworth (possibly) │ │ │ +───────┬───────+ Ned Farnsworth┬Velma Farnsworth │ ┌────────┴───────────┐ │ │ Ogden Wernstrom────┬────Mom────┬─────Hubert J. Farnsworth Floyd Farnsworth │ │ │ ┌────┴───┐ Igner Cubert J. Farnsworth │ │ Walt Larry
- In the episode Cold Warriors it is revealed that Yancy Fry, Sr. has participated in cannibalism. He mentioned he ate his interpreter, Kimchi, as well as early hominids that he thawed in the mountains.
- In The Luck of the Fryrish when Yancy Jr. was complaining about his name, his father told Yancy that it was his grandfather's name. This is ironic as his son Philip I would travel back in time and father him after sleeping with Mildred.
- It would seem he takes more after his mother as both have brown hair while the two of his respective fathers have orange hair.
- Due to the fact that Philip J. Fry I becomes his own grandfather during the events of the episode, "Roswell that Ends Well," this would mean that Yancy Fry, Sr. is also his own grandfather (Because Philip I is both his son and father).
- As a result of the affair, Yancy Sr. is now inbred due to his parents being direct relatives.
- Due to Philip I and Leela's marriage in "Meanwhile", Yancy Fry, Sr. is the in-law family member to the Turanga family (alongside with his mother, Mildred Fry;wife, Mrs. Fry; his older son, Yancy Fry, Jr. and Yancy Jr.'s wife, his other daughter-in-law).