|Invented by||Hubert J. Farnsworth|
|Purpose of invention||To ask "What-if" questions and find out how the world would look if..|
|First appearance||Anthology of Interest I|
The What-if Machine is a machine invented by Professor Farnsworth. When it is asked a "what if" question it will give a display scenario of what will happen. It is unknown when the professor invented it, but its first apperance was in "Anthology of Interest I". Every time the machine is asked a new question, the professor uses a different button, knob, switch etc.
In the Futurama comic book "Twice Told Tales of Interest" it is Bender's poker buddy for a while, but then it destroyed itself, and the professor says that it would take a year to rebuild. It is again shown in the comic book "Anthology of Interest II" (comic book).
Futurama, the tv show:Edit
Futurama, comic book issues:Edit
- "New Years Rockin' Evil"
- "Twice Told Tales of Interest"
- "Anthology of Interest II" (comic issue)
- "Follow the Reader"
Futurama/The Simpsons crossoversEdit
What-If Questions Edit
- Bender: What if I was 500 feet tall?
- Leela: What if I was a little more impulsive?
- Fry: What if I never fell in the freezer-doodle and never came to the future-diggy?
- Professor Farnsworth: What if I invented the Fing-Longer?
- Professor Farnsworth (for Bender): What if Bender was human?
- Professor Farnsworth (for Fry): What if life was more like a videogame?
- Leela: What if I found my true home? (Leela get knocked out by the What-If Machine, so the scenario that followed was not actually shown by the What-If Machine. So we do not know what it showed. )
- Bender: What would happen if I went back in time to 1999?
- Fry: What if it was Christmas every day?
- Bender: What if we skip Leela's question?
- Fry: What if life was like a sitcom?
- Bender: What if I ruled the world?
- Bender: What if I hit it [the What-If Machine] with a hammer?
- Hermes: What if the world was perfectly organised?
- Fry: What if there was a machine that could grant wishes and I wished for a what-if machine that showed what it would be like if I asked it: What if Leela fell in love with me?
- Amy: What if we were all poor stinking lobsters for just a minute?
- Leela: What if I had a normal childhood?
- Lrrr: What if Omicronians took over Earth?
- Marge Simpson: What if you [Homer] actually tried to help us?
- Homer Simpson: What if Flanders was a monkey?
- Lisa Simpson: What if we knew how to stop the fictional characters?