- 2009 Futurama Re-watcharama
I, Roommate is the third episode of Season One of Futurama. The plot focuses on Fry and Bender's search for an apartment after deciding to become roommates and the various difficulties they have in finding a place that is acceptable to both of them. According to the commentary, Fox Network was afraid the show took place in space too often, so this was there episode to appease them. Ironically, on the commentary, it is said that FOX rated it the worst episode.
- This episode really establishes the strong bond of friendship between Bender and Fry. Strong enough to lose an antenna over!
- It also continues to stress the romantic coupling of Fry and Leela, or maybe just Leela's tenancy to protect her friends.
- This e…
The Series Has Landed is the second episode of Season One of Futurama. It originally aired in North America on April 4, 1999. The episode laid a lot of groundwork for the series, including the deepening of Fry and Leela's relationship. I think this is the first episode where Leela really sees Fry as a person and that she will always be there to save her crew. We're also introduced to the rest of the cast and learn that Bender has a small problem with magnets.
In a deleted scene we discover The Crushinator is pregnant, something that causes confusion and disputes any time Bender's firstborn son is discussed. Another bit of controversy is the moon landing itself. Between the footprints, Nixon's line, "I faked the moon landing on Venus!", an…
Read more >
- 2009 Re-watcharama
- Space Pilot 3000
Space Pilot 3000 is the very first Futurama episode released on March 28, 1999. It featured pizza delivery boy Philip J. Fry and his story of how he came to the year 3000.
- Did you notice Nibbler the first time you watched the episode? I sure didn't.
- How much have the voices have changed?
- Now we know that those aren't aliens attacking Old New York, it's Swedish attacking Bender.
- I remember being so excited about this series. I watched The Simpsons avidly and thought, "another Matt Groening cartoon? And it's in space? Count me in!".
- My oldest son was 3 days old when this episode aired, so I was a little busy at the time.