List of PresidentsEdit
If I may pitch in my cent of opinion. While it is true that Donald John Trump Sr. was not a President of the U.S.A while the series was going. Even though as of Meanwhile it is considered finished, has not Matt Groening stated that he is trying to get it picked up by another network. I know that David X. Cohen has said that he considers it the series finale but still.
I suppose I am saying/asking that in the hope that the series will continue, is it wrong to add historical events that take place before at least the 22nd century?
I accept that I am not an admin so I cannot ultimately act with authority on this matter but I have still stated my opinion.
- I would treat this more like a parallel universe. Some things are going to be the same, but others will not.
- Futurama had the heads of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and many other Presidents in jars and they were still alive. In our world, their bodies would have either decomposed in the ground or would have been embalmed. There wasn't an attempt in the show to explain how they could have ended up in the jar. They just were, mostly to help with a particular joke the writers wanted to tell.
- So in the world of Futurama, either the H2OGfat that keeps them alive can reverse the effects of death, or else someone invented time travel to get the heads of the various people and they're put in jars to continue to live there.
- Even if you consider our world and the Futurama world to be the same right now and include things like the 2016 Presidential race, at some point, the histories are going to diverge. Heads in jars would be a moment that leads to the two universes. Right now, there would be so many moral, ethical and legal complications from doing this that it would never happen.
- We're still trying to figure out how to deal with cloning and abortion. The idea of someone keeps living just as a head while their body dies? How many laws would have to be re-written to account for this situation?