|First appearance||Insane in the Mainframe|
|Voiced by|| David Herman|
Jeff Glenn Bennett
- "I need to stab someone! Where's my stabbing knife?!"
Roberto is a recurring character in Futurama. He was a robot who enjoyed stabbing people and objects, as well as robbing banks. He is regarded as being mentally unstable and has been seen in the Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots multiple times, threatening both patients and doctors with knives, and escaping at least once.
Roberto's history is largely unknown, however, in Bender's Game he reveals he was built by some engineers who wanted to make an insane robot. He says they failed, but from everyone else's view, it was a major success. During Insane in the Mainframe, he mentions that his mother used to weld him to the wall as a form of punishment, a possible explanation for his insane behaviour. He also can be seen lining up at a sperm bank at one point, likely to rob it.
Roberto was executed after his latest attack on Hermes Conrad and Labarbara, attempting to steal them of their skin. After his death, Hermes replaced all his body parts with robotic implants and to become a complete robot, him, Professor Farnsworth and Bender unknowingly dig up Roberto's grave for a robot brain. Hermes' brain was ultimately placed back in his human body while Roberto's brain is placed in Hermes' robot body. Roberto peels a piece of Hermes' skin and eats it but melts due to the spiciness of the skin.
- "The first time was just to case the joint and rob it a little."
- ―Roberto, explaining why he attempted to rob the same bank twice
- "Well, well, looks like old Roberto's the focus of attention now. STOP LOOKING AT ME! Ha ha ha ha ha HA!"
- "What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"
- "I'm thinking of a number between one and ten. Guess it: I kill you first!"
"Er, fifty-six... ish."
"Fifty-six? Fifty-six?! Now that's all I can think about! I'm gonna kill you, you no good fifty-sixin'!"
- ―Roberto questioning Bender
- "Just because I have a hotel in my foot doesn't make me a boogily-moogily-moogily!"
- ―King Roberto during Bender's Game
- "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs!"
- ―Roberto, threatening Fry so he doesn't testify against him
- "Hey, Bender. You ever kill a man with a sock? It ain't so hard. Hi-yah!"
- ―Roberto while swinging a sock at a cowering Bender
- Insane in the Mainframe
- Crimes of the Hot
- Obsoletely Fabulous
- Proposition Infinity
- The Mutants Are Revolting
- Law and Oracle
- The Six Million Dollar Mon