|New New York City|
|First appearance||Space Pilot 3000|
The city is built directly on top of the ruins of Old New York, which is still accessible via the New New York Sewer System. However, the residents of New New York consider the older city dаngerous, as it is populated by mysterious and repulsive Mutants.
As with any major city, New New York is a cosmopolitan place rife with crime, vices, and corruption. Similar to the cultural melting pot of Old New York, New New York is home to a number of alien minorities.
Old New York was heavily damaged or destroyed in 2308, by Bender, while working for the Nude people in Bender's Big Score. This destruction was first seen as part of the first episode, Space Pilot 3000.
Places of Interest Edit
- The Head Museum, a showcase of history's most influential heads. It is free on Tuesdays.
- Madison Cube Garden is a venue where a wide range of events are held ranging from sporting events to opera.
- Monument Beach is a beach featuring many monuments including Mount Rushmore and the White House.
- The Sewers of New New York are home to the mutants.
- Applied Cryogenics is a facility that freezes people in Cryogenic tubes. Leela worked there when she first met Fry.
- Cookieville Minimum-Security Orphanarium is where Leela grew up.
- Elzar's Fine Cuisine, an upscale restaurant
- O'Zorgnax's Pub, a pub, which is often patronized by the Planet Express crew.
- Cavern on the Green, a very upscale restaurant owned by Elzar.