- "Hi, I'm Malfunctioning Eddie, and I'm malfunctioning so badly, I'm practically giving these cars away!!! "
- ―Malfunctioning Eddie[source]
|First appearance||Put Your Head on My Shoulder|
|Voiced by|| David Herman|
Malfunctioning Eddie is an unstable Robot who owns Malfunctioning Eddie's Rocket-car Emporium. He has a problem with his head exploding when he gets surprised and he was sent to the Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots for this reason. While in the institute, he was Philip J. Fry I's roommate and contributed to Fry's developing madness because of his exploding problem. Over time, Eddie would slowly overcome this, with frequent visits from his doctor, until he was considered safe for discharge and was replaced by Roberto. Later, however, he was seen with his head exploding again, after hearing the news that all the robots would be shut down.
Background Notes Edit
- Malfunctioning Eddie may be a parody/spoof of Crazy Eddie, a mainstay of New York City area electronics and advertisements.
- Put Your Head on My Shoulders
- Insane in the Mainframe
- Bendin' in the Wind
- Crimes of the Hot
- Obsoletely Fabulous
- Beast with a Billon Backs
- Attack of the 50-ft Amy
- Slaves Of New New York!