- "Freedom Freedom Freedom Oi!!
Freedom Freedom Freedom Oi!"
- ―John Zoidberg[source]
Freedom Day Traditions Edit
- Expressing Oneself: one of the most important institutions of Freedom Day, Earth's citizens are encouraged to express themselves in any manner they want without worrying about the consequences.
- Freedom Tub: Nude hot tubbing is another popular tradition of Freedom Day. Self-explanatory.
- Freedom Day Parade: a parade is put on in Earth's capital, Washington, D.C., each year on Freedom Day. After the parade, the President of Earth gives a speech and the day is ended with a display of fireworks. This portion of the festivities has been sponsored in the past by products such as Shankman's Rubbing Compound and Charleston Chew.
Limits of Freedom Day Edit
- "Yes, fellow patriots, I ate your flag. And I did it with pride. For to express oneself with doing a thing is the very essence of Freedom Day! Bless this planet and all its wonderful people!"
- "Kill him! Kill the traitor!"
During the Freedom Day celebrations of 3003, a Decapodian immigrant by the name of Doctor John Zoidberg was so overcome with pride that he felt compelled to eat the Earthican flag during a speech given by President Richard Nixon's head. The resulting outcry against Doctor Zoidberg led to an unfair Supreme Court trial, and invasion and occupation of Earth by the Decapodians. A change in public opinion on this occurred after Zoidberg helped expel the invaders from his adopted home world and won his appeal.