- The Robot Mayor says: "That makes 146.000 unsuccessful hunts in a row". If the planet only have one human hunt at 5 o'clock and it have the same rotation as the Earth - therefore the same number of days in a years - that would make it 400 unsuccessful years of hunting.
- In the movie theatre, a 3D movie is playing. Leela struggles to watch the movie, as she only has one eye and two eyes are needed to view 3D films.
Apple Power Mac soundEdit
The horn that sounded the hunt for humans is the sound an Apple Power Mac makes when it is turned on.
The robot-populated planet of Chapek 9 is named after Karel Čapek, a Czech writer who coined the term "robot"
The title may come from the album Fear of a Black Planet by Public Enemy.
Invasion of the Body SnatchersEdit
When Fry and Leela are initially discovered, the discovering robot cries the shriek from the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
In the episode they say the well-known phrase "Intruder alert!" from the 1980 video game Berzerk about humans fighting robots.
The movie posters at the robot movie theater are:
- Barbot Streisand in Yentltron: a parody of Barbra Streisand and Yentl.
- Buff Bot the Human Slayer: a parody of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- I Was a Teenage Human: a parody of I Was a Teenage Robot.
- It Came From Planet Earth: a parody of It Came From Outer Space.
The construction robots Fry and Leela talk to build with Tetris blocks. When the lines are full, a robot panics and these pieces disappear.
A billboard on Chapek 9 parodies the Got Milk? advertising campaign with a sign reading "Got Milk? Then you're a Human and must be killed"
We Want YOU!Edit
A poster is seen showing "We Want You for the Anti Human Patrol" is a reference to the poster "We Want You for U.S Army", was a poster that was used in World War I and World War II to recruit soldiers to join.