|Profession||Keeper of life|
|First appearance||Into the Wild Green Yonder|
|Voiced by||Phil Hendrie|
The Enyclopod was one of the first beings to come into existence. Its first form was a frog or snake, then it evolved into a gigantic space ray. The encyclopod also preserves the life of any species, including extinct and endangered species. It has a miniature world on it's back in the shape of a dome, with extinct plants and animals in it. The Encyclopod has special attachments that help contain DNA. The Encyclopod drifted into infinite space after giving birth to life.
- The Encyclopods' appearance is based on the Spelljammer from Dungeons and Dragons' Spelljammer setting.
- The Encyclopods' name may be a reference to the fact that their DNA incorporates almost everything, like an encyclopedia in Real Life.
- Encyclopods have the power to shoot purple beams from their eyes presumably as a defense mechanism against the Dark Ones, their natural enemies.
- The Dark Ones are the single species in the Universe that doesn't have its Genetic Makeup stored within the Encyclopods this wasn't a conscious decision by the Encyclopod but an oversight as John A. Zoidberg ate the corpse of the last Dark One before the Encyclopod could extract its DNA/RNA the Encyclopod planned to store the DNA/RNA regardless of the Dark Ones being their natural enemies.
- The Encyclopod somehow knows how to speak english despite being laid dormant for quote "Untold eternities!".
- The Encyclopod somehow knows Hutch Waterfall this might be because the Encyclopod and the Waterfalls have the exact same goal and therefore somehow know each other.
- When Hutch Waterfall died the Encyclopod used this chance to preserve the DNA of Human beings despite the fact that the Encyclopod was said to just preserve the DNA/RNA of endangered animals and Human beings aren't endangered. This is pointed out by Fry: the Encyclopod ignores his inquiry, implying that Humans are indeed endangered.