- "I don't get this. Is Blernsball the exact same as Baseball?"
- "Baseball? God forbid"
- ―Professor Farnsworth
- "Face it Fry: Baseball was as boring as Mom and apple pie. That's why they jazzed it up."
- "Boring! Baseball wasn't.. Hm. So they finally jazzed it up?"
Blernsball is a very popular sport on Earth in the 31st century. It is a "jazzed-up" version of the ancient Earth sport baseball.
- Some rules are the same as the original Baseball:
- Baseball is a sport played between two teams.
- The aim is to score runs by hitting a thrown ball with a bat and touching a series of four bases.
- There is a pitcher who throws the ball for a player to hit across the field to get a "home run".
- There are 9 players on each team like in Baseball.
- Strike zone and outs seem to remain the same.
- Players hit a ball on an elastic tether that is thrown, or pitched, to the batter. Fielders try to prevent the ball from entering small holes in the field, which score blerns.
- If enough balls go into small holes in the center of the field, third ball lock unlocks and:
- A pinball-style Multi-ball begins to shoot balls via hidden pitching machines that come out of the field and causes chaos while the batter tries to hit as many balls as possible.
- A player on a motorcycle comes in to the field and tries to drift over all four bases while they explode. Maybe this is a "jazzed up" version of a home-run.
- A giant tarantula enters from the bullpen with a player on its back.
- Steroid injections are mandatory.
- There is a target that can be hit to win the game.
- Traditions of the game include aluminum bats and the 7th inning grope, which seems to be the jazzed up version of the 7th inning stretch.
- Robots are not allowed on the field anymore.
Hall of FameEdit
The Blernsball Hall of Fame is located on the same plot of land as the ancient Baseball Hall of Fame, in Cooperstown, New New York. Notable players include over twenty generations of Hank Aarons, the last of which was regarded as the worst player ever, batting a record .000 his entire career, until Turanga Leela became the first female professional blernsball player in the 3002 season, in which she pitched over 100 innings without getting a single out.
Teams in the leagueEdit
Known Blernsball teams include:
- the Mars Greenskins
- the Boston Poindexters
- the Atlanta Braves
- the Swedish Meatballs
- the Milwaukee Brewers
- the Wong City Buggalos
- the San Diego Slurm