Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- As mentioned on the DVD commentary, the Anthology of Interest episodes came from a desire to tell stories that couldn't be told in normal continuity, similar to Marvel's What If? comics.
- The title "Tales of Interest" may also be a reference to the Sci-fi themed Marvel Comics series, Tales of Suspense best known for introducing the superhero Iron Man.
- The Fing-Longer reappears in later episodes. In commentary, it has been revealed that he 'got around to making it'.
- This episode introduces the narrator who reappears in Anthology of Interest II, The Farnsworth Parabox, and Bender's Big Score.
- When rebroadcast during the 2000 Presidential Election, the tagline at the start of the episode said, "Starring a guy who is kind-of, sort-of our next president, maybe!".
- Scruffy has his first speaking role in this episode.
- This is Al Gore's first appearance in any television show.
- When giant Bender flies to Earth the song Iron Man by Black Sabbath is heard.
- Bender's entire story is a parody of The Iron Giant.
- Sadly, Gary Gygax passed away eight years after this episode aired. Bender's Game was dedicated to him.
- If one looks closely, Nibbler's third eye can be seen behind the trash can in Fry's story, because he was intended to push Fry (see "The Why of Fry").