1729 is known as the Hardy–Ramanujan number, or a taxicab number after a famous anecdote of the British mathematician G. H. Hardy regarding a hospital visit to the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
References throughout Futurama Edit
- In Xmas Story, Bender gets a card stating he is his mother's 1729th son.
- The Nimbus's registration number is BP-1729.
- Bender and Flexo both have serial numbers that are the sum of two cubes.
- In The Farnsworth Parabox, one of the universes is Universe 1729.
- A taxicab in Bender's Big Score is the number 87539319, which is the sum of two positive cubes in 3 ways.