Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1729 is known as the Hardy–Ramanujan number, or a taxicab number after a famous anecdote of the British mathematician G. H. Hardy regarding a hospital visit to the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
References throughout Futurama Edit
- In Xmas Story, Bender gets a card stating he is his mother's 1729th son.
- The Nimbus's registration number is BP-1729.
- Bender and Flexo both have serial numbers that are the sum of two cubes (either 12 cubed (1728) and 1 cubed (1) or 10 cubed (1000) and 9 cubed (729), depending on how you interpreted it).
- In The Farnsworth Parabox, one of the universes is Universe 1729.
- A taxicab in Bender's Big Score is the number 87539319, which is the sum of two positive cubes in 3 ways.